Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sausage Rolls


Have any of you read the culinary mysteries that Josi Kilpack writes?  They are very cute, light, easy reads and they're filled to the brim with tasty recipes.  My favorite of her books thus far is English Trifle and in it there is a recipe for sausage rolls that I wanted to try.  I did, and they were great.  If you're wanting to make these for a breakfast or brunch and don't want to do too much prep work that day, you could brown the sausage the day before and refrigerate it until ready to use.  Also, make sure you thaw the puff pastry far enough in advance that you don't have to wait for it come morning.  A slight change I made to the recipe when I made these was to cut the puff pastry sheets into nine squares each instead of six which made the rolls better for finger food in my opinion.

Since this isn't my recipe I won't post it here, but if you want to try it, you can get the recipe by clicking on the "Download Recipes Free" button on this page then scrolling down to "Easy Sausage Rolls."  P.S. The High Tea Lemon Cookies are also amazing and worth trying.  You'll thank me.


On to:  Sunrise Slush.
Back to:  Mother's Day Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment