Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sunrise Slush


This is just a little something I made up mixing and tweaking various other drink recipes that I like.  I love the soft peach color of this drink.  Doesn't it just look like the sky at sunrise?  I also love the flavors all the different fruits and juices bring to this recipe.  You can make this drink anytime--for a nice summer afternoon barbecue, or even for a brunch, as long as you aren't squeamish about serving soda before noon.  Which I'm not.  Don't judge.

Sunrise Slush

Ingredients:
4 cups sugar
6 cups water
2 lemons
5 oranges
5 bananas
2 cups mango or apricot nectar
2 cups cranberry juice
Lemon-lime soda

Directions:
Boil sugar and water 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved, then cool.  Squeeze juice from lemons and oranges.  Mash bananas.  In a large bowl, combine lemon and orange juices, mashed bananas, mango or apricot nectar, and cranberry juice.  Add sugar and water mixture and freeze (if I make a small batch I freeze it in ice cube trays).  When ready to serve, chop up the frozen juice mixture, spoon it into glasses, and pour lemon-lime soda over it.  Let sit for a few minutes, stir, and serve.  If you don't want noticeable chunks of banana in yours (although I love the chunks), you can place the chopped up frozen juice mixture in a blender, pour in enough soda to cover it, and blend until smooth.


Back to:  Mother's Day Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment