Sunday, December 19, 2010

Inspired by Seven Swans a Swimming: Chocolate I'd Like to Swim In


Can I make a confession?  Today's post was actually supposed to be about white chocolate dipped swans made out of marshmallows that you could float in your hot chocolate.  Get it?  Swans swimming in your hot chocolate?  But sadly, my swans turned out more like ugly ducklings, so until I perfect them (maybe next year?), I'm going to go with this chocolate sauce that I'd be happy to swim in instead.  Call it a cop out.  Go ahead, it's o.k.  It kind of is.  But that doesn't mean this chocolate sauce (which comes to me by way of one of my cousins) isn't the greatest thing to happen to ice cream since cookie dough.


This chocolate sauce is nice and thick, and unlike some other chocolate sauces I've tried, it can keep in the fridge for weeks without turning grainy with sugar crystals.  The key is not letting it boil, and blending it in a blender.  Try it out.  And resist the urge to just fill a bathtub with it and jump in.

Hot Fudge Sauce
3 c. sugar
3 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 tall can evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. butter

Melt chocolate and stir together with milk and sugar.  Heat together until sugar is dissolved.  DO NOT BOIL.  Pour into blender and beat on high speed until mixture thickens (10-15 min.).  Add vanilla and butter and blend.  Will store in fridge for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment